Sunday, April 15, 2012

I Better “CURRY” up and get my dad to sign these forms!



I Better “CURRY” up and get my dad to sign these forms!
 Be aware:  love dorkey puns

A day after I am accepted and I have yet to fully convince my daddy! I understand all his concern because I am his baby and it will be hard for him and my mom to let go. I have never wanted something so bad in my life! Since the day I started the application I have not stopped thinking about it; it was like a distant dream! Now my dream is a reality and all I need is one signature to make it come true!
            What is running through my mind right now?
Oh, SO much! My life is about to take speed in a wild direction, full of ups and downs and crazy surprises and turns. This ride will be bumpy and it will be good or bad depending on my frame of mind and participation. This is completely out of my comfort zone which scares me and yet, excites me. I feel as if I am living in a bubble. I feel as if know one here understands what the world is, what life is REALLY like and how other people live. It not that people here are ignorant. It’s just that on long island we really don’t know about the amazing opportunities out for grabs out there to see the world. Like some famous guy once said “Ignorance is not, not knowing something; its knowing that there’s information out there and not WANTING to know it.” I won’t let myself stay in this bubble. I am going to explore! I am going to see what life Is in like outside of here! I refuse to be a person that follows the common path in life…I will make my own!
            I may be ranting a bit but I can’t stop! Some people may say I am crazy for this, and maybe I am. Maybe I’m not strong enough, independent enough, motivated enough for this but HECK I am going to find out!  No matter what other people say to try to convince me to stay, I will never second guess this opportunity because make it through this whole year or not (I will though) I will come back a changed person J

                       ( Day after writing that ^)
MY DAD SIGNED THE PAPER!!! I love him and my mom so much for this! I can not thank them enough! As well as my teachers, siblings, and my friends who supported me through this process! I will miss everyone so much! I cant think about that yet though! 
SOO ITS OFFICIAL: INDIA HERE I COME!!! <3333


My AMAZING PARENTS!!!! THANK YOU!!! (If you are reading this!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi riley! it's Ari. I absolutely love you get to go to india. The words you write are so powerful and real. I hope you keep posting when you can. I feel the same. I don't know if I'm ready, strong enough, or independent enough to go but I am going to try my best and keep a good mindset. I promise to make a blog too(it just might be in a month or twoX)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww ARI!!! I am so glad that we got to meet at IPSE and i can not wait to see you again :) And at least we know that if we ever don't feel strong enough to do this we have a whole family of YES students there to support us!!! and i can not wait to read your blog too!!

    ReplyDelete